Apple AirPods are the best and most easy-to-use wireless headphones. With a quick charge case and high-quality audio, you may be hard-pressed to find headphones like this.
If you have an Android device, you might think that AirPods won’t connect to it. But that is not the trial at all. If you want to connect AirPods to Android and you want to know Will airpods pro work with android and want to take advantage of its hands-free features then you should follow the below-mentioned steps.
How to connect AirPods to an Android phone?
To connect AirPods, and AirPods Pro, you need to follow the steps below.
- First, on your Android device, open the Settings menu.
- Then go to the Bluetooth settings page.
- Now make sure Bluetooth is turned on and your device can discover it.
- Then pair AirPods with Android
- You need to open the charging case of your AirPods or AirPods Pro and press the white button on the back of the carrying case. If you are going to connect the AirPods Max, they need to be taken out of their case.
- Your AirPods will appear under the Available Devices section of your phone’s Bluetooth menu.
- You tap on his name. Confirm the pairing process after tapping Pair from the dialog box that pops up.
AirPod Features That Do not Work on Android phone (Out of the Box)
To pair with an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac, AirPods have a rich set of features thanks to the W1 wireless chip in the first-generation version or the H1 chip in the AirPods 2 or AirPods 3, accelerometers, and other sensors. are together
Here’s a list of AirPods features that will come in handy when using AirPods with Android:
- Siri On the iPhone, you have to press to access Siri to do things like change songs, adjust the volume, or just ask simple questions. If you have AirPods 2 or 3, you can press to activate Siri. Borrowing “Hey Siri” is also nice for you.
- Customizing Double Tap. This can be changed in the Settings app on an iOS device by tapping/pressing Options including access to Siri, Play/Pause, Next Track, and Previous Track
- Automatic switching. AirPods connect to an iCloud account for Apple users, allowing them to easily switch between using AirPods with an iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and Mac.
- Simple setup. Pairing with an iOS device simply involves opening the case near the said device and following the quick setup steps.
- Checking the AirPods Battery On iPhone and Apple Watch, you can also ask Siri about AirPods battery life or check it from the Today Center on iPhone or Control Center on Apple Watch. Fortunately, there’s also a way to toggle this functionality on Android with the Airpods Battery app or Assistant Trigger.
- Automatic ear detection. On iPhone, when you remove an AirPods from your ear, it will pause whatever you’re listening to until you put the AirPods back in your ear.
- Single AirPods listening. Listening to music with a single AirPod is limited to iOS devices because it has to use ear detection functionality. On Android, you have to take both AirPods out of the case to connect them.
- Local audio. When paired with Apple devices, AirPods 3 offer special audio support for Apple Music, allowing for a more immersive listening experience that feels like the audio is right around you. you are walking
- AirPods 3 feature red. An added advantage of AirPods over Android is the Bluetooth connectivity distance. AirPods generally have a much longer Bluetooth range than other Bluetooth-enabled headphones and are available on both Android and iOS.
Third-Party Apps to Improve AirPods-Android Compatibility:
Android users cannot enjoy many benefits while using AirPods. But there are also some third-party apps that Android users can rely on to improve user comfort and get more functionality out of AirPods.
Air Battery App
The AirBattery app supports both the W1 and H1 chips and will launch immediately when you connect your AirPods.
Apart from offering in-ear detection, it can also restore lost AirPods Battery Life Checker and can also help you plan your charging schedule.
You can download the AirBattery app on Google Play.
Assistant Trigger app
If you can’t access Siri on Android, you can consider using Google Assistant with the Assistant Trigger app. This app works by closely integrating the functionality of AirPods and Androids.
With Assistant Trigger, you invoke Google Assistant for tasks like setting alarms and playing music.
It is even possible to manage your home automation devices. To activate Google Assistant, you just need to double tap your AirPods.
You can download the Assistant Trigger app on Google Play.
Can AirPods work with Samsung?
Yes, Apple AirPods can work with Samsung Galaxy S20 and any Android smartphone.
You lose a few features when using Apple AirPods or AirPods Pro with non-iOS devices.
Is it worth getting AirPods with Android?
AirPods technically work with Android phones, but compared to using them with an iPhone, the experience is much less.
From missing features to losing access to important settings, you might be better off with another pair of wireless earbuds.
Why won’t my AirPods connect to my Android?
Why won’t my AirPods connect to my Android? You need to make sure that when your AirPods are in pairing mode, they are inside their case and not connected to another device.
Make sure your Android should be near your Airpods by turning Bluetooth on and off again
Although AirPods were built with users of Apple’s ecosystem in mind, you can still find ways to overcome the iOS compatibility hurdle and experience their magic while sticking with Android.
And now that you know how AirPods work with Android devices.
we hope that’s saved you from splurging on a new pair of headphones unnecessarily.