If you want to know who is calling you before you pick up the phone, the easiest way to do that is to have custom ringtones for specific callers.
That way, when your phone rings a certain ringtone, you’ll know it’s your wife.
Fortunately, this can be done very easily in Android.
That’s what we are going to do in this summary explain how to set a ringtone on Android Phone for one person.
Set a ringtone on android for one person Using Stock Android:
- First, you need to open the Contacts app, from the app drawer.
- Then tap any contact from the list.
- Now tap on Options > Set Ringtone.
- The next step is to select a tone from the list of provided ringtones and tap on OK.
- Finally, to assign a custom ringtone to a contact, copy the music file to the Ringtones folder on your internal storage.
how to set a ringtone on Android phone for one person?
- First, open the Google Contacts app. The Google Contacts app comes pre-installed on all Google Pixels, the latest OnePlus models, the Moto Power, and many other handsets. You should look for a blue square app icon with a white outline of a person inside.
- Most Androids come with a separate app called Contacts. You can use this app to change any person’s ringtone, but the steps are different.
- If you don’t already have Google Contacts, download it from the Play Store.
- Now tap on the contact you want to edit. This will open the contact details.
- Then tap on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, this will bring up a menu.
- The next step is to set the ringtone and tap on the menu. The list of ringtones expands.
- Now tap on the ringtone you want to use. This selected ringtone will be assigned to your contact. Now close the contact app.
- If you want to choose an audio file instead of one of the built-in ringtones, select Add Ringtone at the bottom of the list, tap the three-line menu, then tap Files, tap Audio, and select Song.
How do I Set Contact Ringtones on Samsung Galaxy Devices?
You can either use the phone or the Contacts app to do this. You open one of them of your choice.
- First, after opening the Phone app, go to your contact, then tap the “Edit” button at the top right.
- Then, scroll down by pressing the “More” button.
- In the next step, tap on the “Ringtone” option.
- When you’ve selected your ringtone, tap the “Save” option at the top.
How do I set a specific ringtone for a specific person?
In Android phones, you can set a ringtone on Android Phone for one person or a group.
Instead of having one ringtone for all your calls, you can set unique ringtones or music for each contact to easily identify their calls and manage contacts better.
Is there a way to set one ringtone for contacts and a different one for other callers?
In Android 7 you have to go to Contacts and click on 3 dots to enter the Groups tab, there you will see a group called “My Contacts”, then change the default ringtone for that group.
How do I set a personal ringtone on my Samsung?
After the music file is downloaded to your device, follow the steps below to set the music file as a ringtone:
- First, you need to open Settings and tap on “Sound & Vibration”.
- Then tap on “Ringtone”.
- Now tap on “SIM 1” or “SIM 2”.
- In the next step, you will see all the ringtones of your device on the screen.
- Finally, select the music file you want to use as a ringtone.
- Finally, tap “Done”.
Can I set individual ringtones for Contacts on the Galaxy s22?
- The first step is to set a ringtone for a specific contact.
- Then on the device, go to Contacts and open it.
- Now you have to select your desired contact and then tap on edit.
- After that tap See more and then tap Ringtone. Allow various permissions when needed.
- In the next step select any ringtone and then tap back. Now tap on saving to set this ringtone to contact.
how to set a ringtone for only one person on android?
There is no single answer to this question, as a ringtone that works best for one person may not work well for another.
Here are some tips on setting ringtones specifically for people:
- Search your phone’s music library to find a song or music clip that you think the person you want to set the ringtone for should enjoy.
- Next, go to your phone’s settings and find the “Ringtones” section.
Can I select a ringtone for a contact on Android 11?
To set a ringtone for a contact on Android 11, you need to open the contact’s details and tap the “Ringtones” tab. Select the audio file you want to use by tapping the “Add Ringtone” button.
How do I set a ringtone for a specific person on a Samsung Galaxy s21?
To set a ringtone for a specific person on the Samsung Galaxy S21, open the “Settings” app, scroll down to “Sounds & vibration,” tap the “Ringtones” tab, and select the desired ringtone.