Android is the most used OS when it comes to smartphones. Although sharing videos and other files on Android is fast and easy, sending large files over WIFI or cellular data can still be difficult.
A good quality large video is usually more than 100MB and this problem only arises because Google only has a limit of 20MB for file sharing.
So now the question is how to send large-size videos on Android to other devices. You don’t need to worry at all, here we will tell you how to send large video files from Android.
How to Send Large Videos from Android through Text?
While sending large videos on Android via text seems easy, the size of the video shows how complicated it can be.
This method of sharing videos will help you easily send a message by attaching a video.
It is possible to type the message in the message bar and it contains mostly unlimited characters.
The video you want to share is not that big, so consider the steps below to transfer it.
- First, you need to create a new message by opening the “Messages” app on your mobile phone.
- The second step is to click on the “Attach” icon, i.e. the clip-shaped icon, and then select “Video” from the “Attach” menu.
- Another window then pops up to allow you to select the video files you want.
- In the last step when you confirm the files you want to send, you press the “Send” button.
Sharing files through cloud services like OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. is very popular nowadays as always.
So here, OneDrive and Google Drive can also be used to share large videos on Android.
For this, you should attend to the points below.
- First, you need to download and install the OneDrive app on your device.
- Then sign in using your Microsoft account to access the features you want.
- The next step is to upload the required videos to OneDrive. Then you have to select one or more videos from OneDrive’s primary interface.
- The last step is to click on “Share” > “Copy Link”. You can also paste the copied link into the application or website where you want to share the link.
- For this first, you download, install and launch the Google Drive app on your device. Directly you have to log in with a Google account.
- Then upload the files you want to share to Google Drive.
- In the next step, you have to select the video file you want to send and click on the “…” option.
- Then select “Add People” from the menu and then type the email address you want to send the video to.
- Now decide what you want the recipient to do with the video – view, comment, or edit.
- In the last step, you press the “Send” arrow to share the videos.
- Now your video will be shared.
How do I Send a 15-Minute Video file on WhatsApp?
If you are using an Android phone, you must be wondering how to send a 15-minute video to someone on WhatsApp.
It is possible to do this by compressing the video and then sending it to a friend.
- To compress any video, you must first select a file size smaller than the 16MB maximum. Then open the “Photos” app on your phone.
- Now tap on the video you want to send. “Save to files” or “Downloads” must be selected.
- Now select the contact with whom you want to share the file and tap on the attachment icon. Then from there, select “Documents” or “Share”.
- Finally, tap the Send button. This gives your friend instant access to your video.
- By opening your Gallery app. Select “Upload” by clicking the “+” icon. You have to select the video you want to share.
- The video will be uploaded. This will make it appear on your Google Drive home screen.
- Now tap the “three dots” next to the video and copy the link.
- Then after the recipient opens the link, click on “Share” or “Copy Link”.
How to Compress a Video to Email on an Android phone?
Sending large videos via email or uploading them to websites may be difficult for you, but Android users can take advantage of free applications to compress videos and send them via email or social networks. With the right tools, sending videos is no longer a problem. To send a compressed video you need to follow the below-mentioned steps. When the compression process is complete, the video doesn’t take up much space on your phone.
- For this, first, open YouTube on your Android phone.
- Then select the video you want to send and hit the “Share” button.
- Now select the “Video” option from the menu. Here you will see the file size of the video and how to compress it. If the video is already compressed, you can choose to share a link to the file.
- It is also possible to use the cut feature to split the video into smaller clips.
- Tap “Run” to start the process.
The easiest way to share a video on an Android phone is to share a video link on Google Photos. This technique relies on Google Photos to sync videos and photos to the cloud, which is turned on by default for most people. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, you need to launch the Google Photos app on your phone.
- Then find the video you want to share, tap and hold it until the toolbar appears at the top of the screen.
- In the third step, tap on the share icon.
- Now in the popup window, tap on “Create Link”. Soon after, you will get a message that the link has been copied.
- Then tap the app you want to share the link to. Now depending on the app, you should see a link pasted into the message, ready to send, or a list of contacts you can choose to send to.
How do I Send a Large Video Via Email?
If you’re using an Android device, you might be wondering how to send a large video file via email. There are two strategies to select from based on the size of the file.
- The first method involves compressing the video file before sending it which we have explained below. An app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for this purpose. such as WinZip.
- After you install the app, it’s possible to select a video file, choose a location where you want to store the compressed version of the file, and then attach it to an email message.
- Although Android devices don’t have the features of the iPhone, there are still some good options for sending large video files. Bluetooth is best for small files. But it will show the very slow transfer of large files.
- Here we will tell you a better solution which is to use a secure file transfer app. These apps are free to use and you can share files up to 1TB without worrying about data limits. Importantly, the recipient will need to download the app to view the files, so you need to make sure the recipient has installed them before sending them.
Below are the strategies to send large videos on Android devices.
In this article, we will tell you about some special methods and also about the best four apps for Android users.
Which will help to understand how to send large videos from an android phone. You can download them to your Android phones and use them to compress and send large video files.
With this app, you will learn how to send large video files from Android.
This app is capable of uploading 50 GB of files at a time and can also create a link for 1 TB.
This app uses Wi-Fi technology for file sharing, and hence it helps to transfer files from one device to another very quickly.
This app will send the file without changing the video quality.
You need a one-time 6-digit key to create a connection for file transfer and then the file can be shared with a specific device.
This tool can be used to share photos and music files.
You don’t have to rely on mobile data to send large videos
Often videos received on the device do not appear in the gallery.
This app comes with many permissions to work effectively.
If you are eager to know how to send large videos on Android, then WeTransfer is a great app for that.
This app can collaborate and consolidate all your app ideas in just one place. Content from other apps can be saved within the WeTransfer app.
It is also capable of saving images, links, documents, videos, and other things. You don’t need to sign up or log in to start sharing.
You can share the link directly from the app via email, text message, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or any other channel.
It is like an online sharing platform from where all added accounts’ media files can be easily checked and sent.
This app is great at managing media.
Most importantly, it has a very interactive user interface.
It also comes with the ability to create a link to media files.
The sharing board sometimes fails to display the shared file.
Android users who wish to email large video files from a mobile device can use the FileMail app. With this app, users can share music, photos, videos, and other files from any Android device via email.
This app automatically guides you on how to attach a video to an email and send it to others. As soon as you press the send button of the email, the target user receives the email containing the link to the video.
And an important thing is that this app is free of charge, and an unlimited number of shares and downloads can be sent here.
This is a much faster and easier way to send large videos via email.
It has no restrictions on file size and file number.
It is possible to download files directly from the target user’s File Mail app.
Often, an error may occur while sending many files.
This app may also crash sometimes.
SuperBeam is another great video-sending app so users can share files between devices using Wi-Fi. The app works by pairing the device using a QR scanner, NFC, or QR codes including a manual sharing key.
Users who don’t have an app can consider a web interface to share files. A complete history of files shared using Superbeam is saved. This app is also in the pro version, which has no ads. Here it is possible to share an entire folder and unlimited files at the same time. If you want to know how to send large video files from your phone, there is no better app than SuperBeam.
This app has a very simple interface.
It allows you to share files with multiple devices at the same time.
Often the app fails to write data to SD cards.
This app also consumes a lot of batteries while running in the background.
Desktop Video Toolbox recommendation, UniConverter:
Another great way to share large videos on an Android phone is to compress and resize them, and for that, there is no better tool than Wondershare UniConverter.
Once installed on a Windows or Mac system, the software is used to resize videos in all key formats.
You can either choose to resize files based on the actual size percentage or select a specific custom size.
It is possible to compress multiple files at a time using batch processing.
Apart from video compression, this software comes with several other functions and some important functions are listed below.
More than 1000 formats and preset profiles are supported by the video conversion tool.
It is even possible to choose the target file resolution as well as other parameters.
Batch processing is also supported and files are converted without any quality loss.
The software’s built-in editor supports a wide range of file-need options such as trim, watermark, effect, subtitle, and audio. Use the tool to get customization for videos in all key formats.
The tool’s disc burning feature lets you burn DVDs and Blu-ray discs in easy steps. It is possible to add all the desired videos from your system to the interface and choose a template from the available options to complement the video theme.
The tool can also be used to create a disc, DVD folder, or ISO file as needed.
With the software downloader, you can download videos and audio files from more than 10,000 sites.
The process of downloading the file is very simple where you just need to paste the link of the file to download.
How to send a video that is too large?
Here are five ways to do it.
- First, we will talk about Google Drive. This is a very convenient option for Gmail users when it comes to sending large files.
- Next is the free Dropbox. Sign up for an account. Dropbox is one of the greatly famous cloud backup choices.
- Can also send via WeTransfer.
- Amazon Drive is also a good name.
- You can also compress the file.
What app can send long videos on an Android phone?
Above we have mentioned the best four apps for Android users, which are very useful for sending huge videos.
You can take help compress and send large video files by downloading them to your Android phones
Here is the first number sent anywhere.
In second place is V-Transfer.
WeTransfer was founded in 2009 as the easiest way to send large files around the world. And in 2019, Fast Company named WeTransfer one of the world’s most innovative design companies for being a “one-stop shop for creative tools.”
In third place is file mail.
And finally comes the super beam.
You sign in to your OneDrive on the web and find the large file you want to share.
The next step is to select the large file and press the Share tab at the top of the ribbon. If you want to share large files, you can create a folder and add the large files to it, and then share that folder directly.
How do I send long videos from my mobile phone?
How to send large videos by sharing a link on a Samsung Galaxy phone
- For this, launch the Gallery app on your Samsung phone.
- In the second step, tap and hold the video you want to share for one to two seconds.
- Then tap on “Share”.
- Then in the list of apps, tap on “Link Sharing”.
- Now in the popup window, tap on “Copy” and then paste the link in the app that you want to use.
With the help of this tutorial, you can send long videos from your Android phone without any problem – we have given you very simple methods here that are easy to follow.
So you choose the method you want to send large videos from Android.