In this article, you will see how to restore deleted text messages on android. With the help of this guide, you can easily recover your deleted messages.
Restore Deleted Text Messages With a Backup
If you have enabled Google Drive backup on your Android phone, your backup can be restored to recover deleted text messages.
To use this method you need to reset your phone to factory settings, to restore your backup.
This means that you may have to erase all content on your phone to recover your lost text messages.
If you are going to follow this method then you need to backup important files on your Android phone.
- After that, launch the Settings app on your phone and start the reset process. In Settings, at the bottom, tap “System”.
- In the next step, on the “System” screen, tap on “Reset Options”.
- Choose”Reset Options” on the “System” page.
- On the “Reset Options” screen, tap on “Erase All Data.
- After that do follow the on-screen instructions for resetting your Android device. When it’s done, set up your phone from scratch.
- When your phone asks you to sign in with a Google account, you’ll need to select the account you used to back up your phone. This way you will have an entry to Google Drive backup.
- Now you have to choose the option to restore your data from the backup, select your Google Drive backup and enable the “SMS messages” option.
- This will cause your phone to start loading the content from your backup, and when it’s all done, you’ll start getting all your messages restored to your phone.
How do I recover deleted Messages on Android without a Computer for Free?
If your phone creates automatic Google backups, it is possible to restore your phone to recover lost text messages.
However, this will only work if you have a backup and it allows you to retrieve all messages at once, and you have to reset your phone to restore SMS from Google Drive. .
If you want to use this method then the following steps have to be followed.
- First, you need to launch the Google Drive app on your phone.
- Then tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen and tap on Backup
- In the next step, if you see a section labeled this device, tap on your backup.
- In the last step, on the details page, one has to find the SMS entry. Currently, you will be able to restore it.
Where Are Deleted Text Stored on an Android Phone?
If you accidentally delete text messages from your phone, they are not permanently deleted immediately.
Deleted messages are temporarily stored in your internal storage, accessible only from the folder, and not easily viewed.
So, only a factory reset can restore the entire message from your Google backup. In addition, third-party recovery tools can also recover deleted messages.
Does your phone store delete text messages?
You can “recover messages as long as they are not overwritten.”
You have to note that receiving new messages also deletes the text messages that you have saved, so when you realize that you have deleted important messages, immediately go back to your The phone must be switched on to airplane mode.
Do Android phones store deleted texts?
The location of deleted messages is hidden in phone storage.
There is no common way you can access the folder that contains deleted messages, even with the best file manager app.
Only by using SMS recovery software can you access deleted Android messages.
How can I recover permanently deleted text messages without a backup?
Recover Deleted Text Messages from Android phones without Backup
- First, connect your Android device by running the software. Download & install PHoneDog Android Data Recovery software.
- After that, you have to enable USB Debugging on your computer.
- Now you have to select the text messages files to scan.
- Finally, the text messages have to be selectively restored.
The Bottom Line
Of course, no one wants to accidentally lose important text messages or other important data on Android.
However, if you haven’t backed up your deleted messages, you can get them back with DroidKit.
It can recover deleted text messages and WhatsApp messages on your phone.