Most phones already come with a lot of software. Some of these apps are essential, such as messages, phone dialer, built-in browser, etc.
But there are many applications that we do not want.
These apps take up a lot of your phone’s storage space, so if you want to maximize storage, we’ll show you how to delete pre-installed apps.
How To Uninstall Android Apps via Settings App?
Whenever you buy an Android phone, it comes with pre-installed software.
This software can be useful for you, or it can be annoying on the phone’s battery and processor.
If you’re worried about this “bloatware”, here’s how to get rid of it.
- For this, you should see how much of the bloatware you can remove.
- Then open your Settings app.
- Now Go to the General tab & select Apps and Notifications.
- No hit on the app you like to remove. There will be two buttons at the lid, Uninstall, & Force Stop. The buttons will be illuminated if they are active and grayed out if they are not usable.
- Tap on Uninstall to remove.
Uninstall Apps Through Google Play
If you don’t want to go into your phone’s settings, you can uninstall these apps through Google Play.
The main difference is that Google Play shows you the apps you’ve downloaded from the Play Store, while the Settings app shows you a list of all the apps you have on your phone.
So if you have to uninstall apps from Play Store or if you want to reinstall them from Play Store then this method will be best for you.
- The first stage is to launch the Google Play Store.
- Then tap on your profile picture.
- After that select Manage apps and devices.
- Now check the app you want to delete.
- When you are ready, hit the trash icon.
- Yet, confirm that you like to uninstall it.
What are the reasons for Remove Preinstalled Android Apps?
Before uninstalling pre-installed system apps, it is always recommended to research and make sure why you want to remove them from your phone.
Here are some important reasons to remove the app:
Loss of storage.
If pre-installed apps and games are considered bloatware.
These apps are consuming your data balance unnecessarily.
If your phone is not performing well because the battery is draining fast.
These apps may be malware or even collect some personal information.
What is bloatware?
Apps that you don’t require, but can not uninstall, are called bloatware.
These are often commercial software that is pre-installed on a new device by the manufacturer.
Some of these apps are useless and waste memory so it is better to remove these apps to free up some memory space.
Uninstalling them is quite a feat.
First of all, you need to know what rooting is then we will see how to root Android devices.
Then you can go ahead and remove all the additional apps that you don’t need.
What is the difference between
Uninstalling and Disabling Bloatware?
If you are concerned about replacing the annoying bloatware, you have two options, one is to disable and the other is to uninstall it.
Both methods have some advantages and disadvantages, but now the question is, what is the difference between them?
Uninstalling bloatware is more radical than disabling it because it completely removes the files from your device.
This can be dangerous because it causes problems if some of these files are needed.
Disabling bloatware is easy and risk-free. Doing so would have ensured it.
is that the app cannot get RAM while running in the background but it means that the app is not gone.
Now depending on the apps and your device, the option between uninstalling and disabling apps will be different for you.
Can I permanently delete inbuilt apps on Android?
- For this, you should see how much of the bloatware is possible to remove.
- Then open your Settings app.
- After that, go to the General tab and choose Apps and Notifications.
- The next step is to tap on the offending app. At the top, you will see two buttons, Uninstall and Force Stop.
- Finally, tap on uninstall to remove it.
How can I get rid of unwanted installed apps?
Alternatively, open the Play Store, then tap the icon in the top-left corner and tap My apps and games.
Then you will see all your installed apps here. You have to remove the apps by tapping on them and pressing uninstall.
Can I delete pre-installed applications on my Samsung mobile?
- First, open the Play Store app.
- Then tap on your user icon.
- Then tap on Manage apps and devices.
- Now tap on Manage.
- Tap the app you want to uninstall.
- Finally, 6 taps on the uninstall icon to uninstall by tapping on the delete icon.
What happens if you disable an already installed app?
Some smartphone manufacturers let you disable pre-installed apps.
This will not remove the app from your smartphone, but the app will not run in the background and will no longer appear in the app drawer.
To disable an app on your Android device, you need to go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps.
Best Spy App for Android Without Access Target Phone
What Video Chat app Works With Apple and Android?