How to Open RAR Files on Android in 2022?
If you are having trouble opening the RAR file, you do not need a PC.
Yes, it can also be opened on your phone.
There are many apps for this that you can take advantage of, especially on Android which allows you to extract RAR, ZIP, and many more file types.
Here we will also tell you some apps.
This will allow you to easily open the RAR file on your mobile. So it’s not a problem.
So let’s talk about ways to open RAR files on Android.
How to Open RAR Files on Android?
- You must first open the RAR. If you are in the Play Store, you can press OPEN. Otherwise, you have to press the RAR icon on your home screen or in the app drawer. A list of files will appear.
- Find the RAR of them. To do this, type in the search bar at the top of the screen, then press Enter or Search on your keyboard. A list of results will appear.
- Now select the app called RAR. Its icon consists of 3 books with a brown vertical line. This will open the homepage of the app.
- Then tap Install Up. A popup will appear.
- Then tap Accept. Give RAR access to your files on Android. The app needs access so you can open RAR files.
- Select your RAR file.
- Now in the visible files, select the ones you want to remove. To add a checkmark, you have to tap the box next to the file name.
- Now tap the up arrow icon. This happens at the top of the screen on the left side of the trash.
- Follow the prompts to extract your files. Once you’ve extracted the files, you’ll be able to access them with your Android file manager or any app.
How to Open RAR Files on Android with 7Zipper?
- Download 7Zipper from Google Play Store.
- Now you have to open it and allow storage.
- Then go to the directory and click on the RAR file.
- Now tap on the archive, select the destination, and press OK to extract the file.
How to Open RAR Files on Android with ZArchiver?
ZArchiver is a great app for archive management.
- You can also download ZArchiver from Google Play Store.
- Open it first and then allow storage.
- Now go to the directory and click on the RAR file.
- Then tap View to view the content.
- Finally, to extract the RAR, you have to click on Extract here.
How to use RAR to unzip files on an Android device?
- Download and install RAR from Play Store.
- Now open the RAR app. This will send you quickly to your files.
- Now find the directory in which you have downloaded the file. Now tap the folder where the file is.
- To unzip, press the checkmark next to the file.
- Then tap on the Extract button.
- Click on the button, select an option and select the desired path. You can choose more routes by clicking Browse. The default path can also be used.
- Finally, tap OK.
How to Use RAR for Android?
The RAR app lets you do more than just open RAR files.
- Press the top three lines to open the navigation panel with shortcuts to your Android SD card and downloads folder. Below the commands, there is a choice to put in this folder which you can watch in the catalog of your favorite.
- Click the plus sign icon in the upper right corner to insert the selected files into the new RAR archive.
- Tap the up arrow icon in the upper right corner to extract the selected files.
- To delete the selected files you need to press the Trash.
- Press the three vertical dots above to open another dropdown menu with settings and additional options.
- To deactivate ads, tap the three dots, then tap Remove Ads. You are then prompted to set up a payment method.
What Is a RAR File?
A RAR file is a compressed archive of one or more files.
Large files such as movies, music, and software are stored with the use of RAR files.
They have to think of it as a vacuum cell storage bag for data.
With it, you can download large applications via the Internet as soon as possible.
Also, RAR files permit you to match a huge amount of data on a flash drive or SD card for transfer between devices.
All RAR file extensions end in “.RAR” but there are some file compression formats that often end in extensions such as .zip, .7z, and .ISO.
Most RAR file extractors for Android can open many types of compressed files.
How do I convert RAR files to zip on Android?
It is important to create a zip file on your phone so that you can transfer it via email or any other method of your choice, this is very easy to do.
- Open the RAR app first.
- Select the files you wish to send from the file manager and check the box next to them.
- Now make sure that the total size does not exceed 707 MB.
- Finally, press the “Archive” button.
How do you unzip a file on Android?
Unzip the files.
- First, open Files by Google on your Android device.
- Then below, tap Browse.
- Now go to the folder that contains the zip file that you need to unzip.
- Select it.
- A popup will now appear showing the contents of this file.
- Now tap on Extract.
- You will see the extracted files.
- Finally, tap on Done.
How do I open a RAR file without the app?
Opening RAR Files With 7-Zip
- You will need to double-click the RAR file to view the content without removing it.
- If not, click on the RAR file,
- You will now need to select Extract in the top menu and fill in the destination options and password options for any archived documents.
- You will then need to click OK to extract the files to the selected folder.
Can I unzip a folder in Google Drive?
- Right-click on the compressed (zipped) folder.
- You must select “Remove All” from the context menu.
- Compressed files will be extracted from the same location as the zipped folder, but you will need to click the Browse button to select an alternative location.
- Then check the “Show extracted files” option.
How do I open ZIP files on Android?
zip files are supported.
- First, you open Files by Google.
- Now, below, tap on Browse.
- Go to the folder that contains the zip file that you want to unzip.
- Select it. zip file.
- A popup will appear showing the contents of this file.
- The extract must be tapped.
- You will see the extracted files.
- Finally, tap on Done.
Can I download zip files from Gmail on an Android device?
How to download zip attachments from Gmail on any Android device.
- First, you need to install K-9 Mail from the Play Store.
- Set up now and connect to your Gmail account. Just enter your Gmail username and password and it will configure itself.
- Then proceed to download the zip attachment from the mail.
This article was about how you can open RAR files on your Android phone with or without third-party apps.
These methods are also useful for other large archives, including ZIP and TAR.
For every issue, please let us know in the comments below.