How to Open QR Code on Android in 2022?
In the modern era, you will find QR codes on almost everything whether it is a billboard or wrapper of a candy.
So, you can scan the barcode with your android to open a website, send an SMS, download an app, and much more in a quick time.
You will also find some bars and restaurants that are replacing their menus with different QR codes.
Similarly, there are some stores that allow their customers to make a payment by using a QR code.
Which means you don’t need to perform any physical activity.
Here is the process to open and scan a QR code with your Android device.
How to open and Scan a QR code on an Android?
- First, you have to open the camera app from your android device. Then you have to open the camera app and to do this you have to swipe up from bottom to top of your screen. Otherwise, you can also tap on the search bar of your android screen and then type Camera.
- After that, you have to point the android at the QR code just to scan it. You need to ensure one thing that each corner of the QR code should be visible in the viewfinder.
- You will see a pop-up banner display if you are using android 8 or a later version.
- Then just tap on the pop-up banner. It will instantly open the website. Then open the app and take another action. You must ensure you are aware of what the pop-up banner does before you tap on it.
- You can also use the Google lens if you are unable to see the pop-up banner. You may find the lens icon anywhere on the screen. Or may you have to tap on more from the right bottom corner of the app and choose the lens.
- Now you have to place the QR code in the white lines and just tap on the magnifying glass icon and scan it.
- On some devices, you can also open the lens just by tapping and holding the QR code on your screen until it displays a spinning wheel of different colors. When it appears above the QR code you have to tap on the pop-up banner.
- You may have to enable the Google lens from the settings of your device if it is not working in your camera app. Moreover, you can also check the settings of your camera from the app or the general settings of your android device. Now you have to enable the option of Google Lens suggestions.
- There is another option to download the Google Lens app from the Google Play store.
- Move the QR code to the middle of Viewfinder after opening the app and then tap on the icon of the magnifying glass from the bottom of the screen to scan it.
If you have an android 7 or earlier model then your device might not be compatible with the application but there are also some chances that you might already have the Google Lens feature on your android.
- If you want to find out then you have to press the Home button from your device bottom until it pops up the Google Assistant. After you have to tap on the Google Lens icon or choose the microphone to say “Open Google Lens”.
If nothing works for you then just take a snap of the QR code and open the Google Photos app and just tap on the Google Lens icon under the picture.
Why do we need to scan QR Codes?
Initially, the QR codes were developed to expand the barcodes technology.
As QR codes can be scanned vertically and horizontally that’s why they have better functionality.
It’s all because of their square shape.
QR codes were read by using scanners for inventory management before smartphone devices.
Scanning QR codes help you to read the information that is associated with them.
You can do this by using an android app or using a smartphone camera directly.
How to check if your Android phone camera is capable of scanning QR Codes Automatically?
You can also scan QR codes without using any application.
You need to follow the steps below if you want to test your camera if it is set to do this:
- First, open the camera app from your phone and then point it towards the QR code that you want to scan.
- After this, you will get a notification whenever a scan is enabled.
- You may also have to visit the settings app and enable the QR code scanning if nothing happens.
- Natively your device can not scan the QR code if you don’t find an option of QR codes in your device settings.
Does Android have a QR reader built-in?
Yes, The devices such as Android 9 and Android 10 have built-in QR code readers.
Besides, devices like Oreo or Android 8 do not require an app to scan QR codes.
How to open a QR code on a Samsung Device?
- First, swipe down the screen and access the quick settings of your Samsung phone, and then tap on the QR scanner.
- Then just tap OK and go to the next step.
- Now it will launch the camera app where you can easily scan the QR code.
- After scanning the QR code you will be able to open the webpage.
What is a QR Code?
A QR code is a scannable machine image that can be read quickly by using a smartphone camera.
Each QR code has a number of black dots and squares that contain some important information about a product.
You can also use your android phone to scan and open a QR code.
Either you have to download an android app to scan the QR code or you can also scan a QR code without an app with a built-in scanner of your android.