How To Know If My Phone Is Rooted?
As everyone knows, most Android smartphones are root able. However, there are multiple threats involved in doing so.
If you want to know whether your phone is rooted or not, we will explain in this article how to check the root status of your Android device.
If your phone is rooted and you’re looking to unroot it, the steps to do so are also provided below.
How to use Root Checker to Check?
Root Checker is an app that can determine if your phone is rooted or not.
You can find many free and paid root checker apps on Google Play Store. Here, we will discuss the free root checker app by JoeyKrim.
- First, you must go to the Play Store on your phone.
- In the second step, on the search bar, type “root checker” and tap on the search icon.
- Then tap on Joy Cream Root Checker when you see the search result.
- After that install the app and open the app after installation.
- In the next step after opening the app, tap on the Get Starter option.
- Finally, the app has to identify your phone model and tap on the Verify Root option.
With this app, you can easily find out if your phone is rooted or not.
Is My Phone Rooted? Check the Phone Status via Settings
For some Android phones, you will be able to see if the phone is rooted or not by looking at the phone’s status.
- First, you need to go to Settings on your Android phone.
- Then scroll down tout o find out about the phone.
- Then tap on Status > Phone Status.
- Now if you see official under phone status then it proves that your phone is not rooted. If you see a custom tag under the device icons, it means your phone is rooted.
How to Check If There Is Kinguser or SuperUser on a Device?
Another easy way to tell if your phone is connected or not without installing any apps is to look for the Kinguser or SuperUser app.
These apps usually come with a rooting process.
You need to open your app drawer on your Android device and search for Kinguser or SuperUser.
The presence of these apps can assure you that your device is rooted.
How do you Tell If Your Mobile Phone Has Been Rooted Using A Root Checker App?
There are root checker apps that users can use to check if they have root access to the device or not.
You can use this root checker which is the most popular one that you must try. It has free.
The free version should work properly.
You go to the Google Play Store and download Root Checker on your phone.
- Open Root Checker and tap on Start.
- This allows the app to automatically detect your phone model.
- Tap on Verify Root in the last step
- The app will start determining the root status of your phone.
- When it is finished, there will be a message telling you if your phone is rooted.
Using a Third-party App
You can also Know If My Phone Is Rooted? or not by installing a free third-party app “Root Checker” from Google Play Store.
You also need to purchase a premium version to get additional options in the app. Below are the steps involved in this procedure:
- First, you are required to download & install the “Root Checker” app on your smartphone.
- After you launch the app, it will ‘auto-verify‘ your device model.
- In the third step, you have to tap on the “Verify Root” option to check whether your Android smartphone is rooted or not.
- Yet, if the app shows “Sorry! Root access is not correctly installed on this mobile”, it means your Android phone is not rooted.
What Is Rooting?
Rooting is a method of gaining privileged user control over an Android device.
Users have capabilities for other operations that normal Android users cannot access.
They can perform any operation on any file anywhere in the system.
Benefits of rooting:
You have to customize the system theme on your phone.
Then the already installed unwanted apps have to be removed.
Then the app data has to be backed up manually.
In the next step, install different versions of Android.
Then install custom ROMs.
You should download apps that save battery life.
Risk of rooting:
This immediately voids your device warranty.
You can also get a bricked device.
or viruses can easily breach your phone.
Most importantly, you may lose your data.
How to Unroot Your Phone?
If your phone is rooted then you must have the SuperSU app installed. You will be able to root your phone with this SuperSU app.
- First, you need to go to your app drawer and tap on the SuperSU app icon to launch it.
- The second step is to go to the settings tab of the app and find the option of “Full Unroot“.
- After that tap on the full unroot option.
- In the last step you get a confirmation message, tap on the continue button.
What does it mean if my mobile phone is rooted?
Rooting allows you to gain root access to the Android operating system code.
This allows you to modify the software code or install other software on your device that the manufacturer does not normally allow you to do.
Will factory reset remove the root?
Tapping on your factory reset feature deletes the root files from the device. After the phone is working again you can continue to use it normally.
Is a rooted device illegal?
Although rooting is not illegal, manufacturers fight it. You have to remember that gaining root access voids your warranty immediately.
If something happens to your software or hardware, you won’t be able to get it fixed by the phone provider.
If you were suffering from the problem “How To Know If My Phone Is Rooted?” So the above methods will be very useful for you.
And the reasonable part is that these techniques do not require you to download any app.