How to Stop Getting Spam Calls on Android?
Blocking spam calls on Android phones is never been easy with the help of this, our ultimate guide.
How to Block spam calls by only allowing calls from your contacts?
Best way to win against spam calls is to block all numbers except the ones on your contacts list. It will be a great step, but it will work.
The best way to do this is to download an app called Call Blacklist – Call Blocker.
It is one of the free and most-used apps with over 10 million downloads which offers you many features.
- First, you have to download the app, open “Settings”, select “Blocking” and tap on “Block all numbers except contacts”. When you receive a call from a number that is not stored in your contacts, your phone does not ring, but you will know that the call has entered the app.
- This can be a problem. It will skip calls from your friends, family members, co-workers, and other people who have changed their number and called from another phone number. So make sure you choose only this step.
How Do I Stop Spam Calls Permanently?
Spam calls cannot be permanently blocked. New numbers are always able to be obtained, or in some cases, call blocking only works at a certain time.
The best way to reduce your exposure to telemarketers and spammers is to determine how many times you give your number to a third party.
- The first feature is to block your device.
- The second blocking app needs to be installed.
- You have to block calls throughout your career.
- The third is to register with the national DoNotCall service.
Block Spam Calls By Registering on DoNotCall:
The FTC or the Federal Trade Commission maintains a national registry called the Do Not Call Registry.
By including your name and number in this registry, companies respect the list and avoid calling your number. If they call in any way, they will face legal action.
This registration is very straightforward. All you have to do is click on the appropriate link on the FCC’s Don’t Call Registry page, just enter the required information. Your number is listed as a “Do Not Call” contact.
Importantly, the National Don’t Call Registry only applies to telemarketing calls. Scammers and suspicious spammers don’t pay much attention to it.
How to Block Spam Calls By Allowing Calls From Saved Contacts?
This is a method that only works when you have your Android device in disturb mode. To do this, attend to the points below.
- First, you need to open the settings menu of your android device.
- Then from the settings menu, find the settings that do not disturb you. Then, click on it.
- Now you will need to turn on Do Not Disturb mode. Once you turn it on, from the Calls Allow section, click on All Contacts.
- With these settings, you will continue to receive calls only from saved contacts.
Blocking Spam Calls Manually:
If you do not use additional applications to block spam calls, you will need to manually block spam calls. Now, we come to the part where we talk about the middle ground.
- First, you need to open the dialer of your Android device and click on the number from which you received the spam call.
- Now in the next menu, you will see the Add to Blacklist option, you have to click on it.
After they do, they ask for confirmation, and when you click OK.
What is a Spam Call? Types of Spam Calls?
Spam calls are types of spam calls and messages that often come to phone numbers.
Some spam calls are used for marketing purposes and many more.
But it can be annoying for people who have no interest in these offers of spam calls.
There are three types of spam calls.
Telemarketing calls are being by companies that sell products.
Second, robot calls are pre-recorded cell calls.
The third is fraudulent calls by fraudsters who take advantage of you by deceiving you into transferring your money.
Can I stop spam calls on my Android for free?
Enable built-in spam call blocking on your Android phone.
To do this, you have to click on the options button at the top right, now click on Settings> Caller ID and Spam. Your phone uses a database of Google’s leading spam numbers to automatically filter spam calls by enabling filter spam calls.
How do I block spam calls on my Samsung Android?
To do this, go to the Phone app and open it, then tap Settings after tapping More Options. Caller ID and spam protection need to be tapped, now tap the switch to turn it on.
When your phone rings, the block/report number option at the bottom of the screen disappears.
What’s the best app to stop spam calls?
Truecaller supports apps for iOS and Android that block spam phone calls and text messages.
This app will identify every incoming call, especially those from unfamiliar numbers, so that you know if this number is correct or not.
It can block unwanted calls based on known spammers as well as your manually entered numbers.