How To Increase Internal Storage Of Android Phone?
If you don’t have enough space available on your android phone and you want to know how to increase the internal storage of android phone through several methods.
If you have to increase your android phone’s internal storage significantly then you can also transfer your data to an SD card.
Some other options are also available which allow you to increase the internal storage of your phone instantly such as deleting cached data, removing videos and photos, and disabling unnecessary apps.
Deleting Photos and Videos:
Follow the steps below to delete photos and videos from your android phone:
- First, you have to tap on the Google Photos app. You will find this app in the app drawer.
- After this go to the menu.
- Then you need to tap on the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Now you have to tap on the ‘Backup & Sync’ option.
- Then you have to tap on the return arrow and go to the home screen.
- After this, you have to tap on the photo icon which can be founded on the bottom screen.
- Now just tap and hold the photo you want to delete. Once the photo has been selected it will display a checkmark.
- To delete the photos you have to repeat the same process.
Here is the process to disable Bloatware:
- First, you have to tap on the Settings icon from your phone, It is located in the app drawer.
- After this, you have to swipe the ‘All’ tab from the top center screen to get a full list of android apps.
- Then you have to tap on the disable option.
- Now just tap on ‘OK’
- Then from the App info section, you have to tap on the ‘Clear Data’ tab.
- After this, you have to tap on the ‘Clear Cache’ tab from the app info sections. Now all of the unnecessary software will be removed and your internal storage memory will be increased.
Remove Unnecessary Applications from your Phone:
If you have some unnecessary applications installed on your android phone then you can simply uninstall them to free up more space.
Some apps like games occupy almost hundreds of MBs or even GBs of internal space on your android. To uninstall unnecessary apps to the settings and then apps.
Now you will be able to check all of your installed apps and the space they are taking up from your device. So, just uninstall the apps which you don’t need. However, you also have an option to install them again.
Transfer Data to Your PC:
A large part of your device’s internal storage is occupied by the media files such as photos, videos, and music.
You will run short of storage if you have a lot of videos and photos on your device.
That’s why we would recommend you copy all of your photos and video data from your android device to a PC or computer.
To transfer your data files you have to connect your android device to a PC by using a mini USB cable.
Your phone will display a removable drive and then you will be able to find and copy the data to your PC.
When your data files get transferred to the PC successfully then you can delete your original files from your android phone.
Use the “CCleaner” App:
CCleaner is a very useful app to free up your device storage. This app can help you to remove unused files and data from your android phone to free up storage. Usually, these files are the old cached data from the applications which you are not using or needed. This app is very easy and simple to run. You will be able to reclaim GB of space in just a few seconds.
Clearing the Download Folder:
Clearing up your download folder is also one of the ways to increase the storage of your android device.
Usually, you will find the download folder stuff with the images, APKs apps, and PDFs. You can delete the files through the built-in download app and clear data from the download folder.
You also have an option to connect your android device with the PC and delete all the files.
Add An SD Card:
To add more space to your device addition of an SD card is one of the most reliable methods only if your device supports an SD card. You need to select and good quality SD card which can provide you space for a great number of videos, songs, and applications. After installing an SD card into your device you have to transfer your files and data into the SD card. The best and recommended method is to connect your mobile phone to a PC.
Upload your Media Files to Cloud Storage:
To free up your android internal store you can also upload your data files to the storage services like Google Photos, Microsoft OneDrive, and Dropbox.
Then you have to install the app of storage service and follow the on-screen instructions to enable the automatic uploads.
When all of your data files have been successfully uploaded you can delete all these files from your device.
Can phone internal memory be increased?
You need to have a good amount of money to get a phone with a good internal memory. However, if you don’t have enough money to purchase a phone with good internal storage or memory then you can get a micro SD card.
It can help you to store large data files and apps to free up some space from internal memory.
How can I increase my internal storage for free?
These are some of the best methods to increase the internal storage:
- Delete unnecessary files and applications.
- Clear cache
- Use an SD card
- Back up your data on cloud storage
How do I get to internal storage on my Android?
The file manager is located in the downloads app of android. So, if you want to access the internal storage of android you have to open the file manager app.
Then just open this app and choose the option of ‘Show Internal Storage’ from the menu and from here it will allow you to browse through the internal storage of your phone.
Here are the methods to increase the storage of your phone without deleting anything:
- Store your data on cloud storage
- Clear the caches. You will find a great number of android applications that use the cached data to provide a better experience to the users.
How to Increase internal memory Android without root?
To increase the internal memory of your device without roots you have to follow the below-mentioned methods:
- Delete unnecessary applications
- Use Cloud Storage
- Use INT2EXT
- Use USB OTG Storage
How to increase phone storage from 4GB to 8GB?
- Buy an android phone with a better version like 5 or 6
- Use an SD card
- Use a 4GB or 8GB memory card in your android phone
If you don’t have an android device with good storage or memory and running short on space then still you have some methods available to increase its storage space.
In the above article, we have explained some reliable methods to increase the storage of your android device.