How Can I Block Text Messages On My Android Phone?
As you know, people rarely use SMS for communication.
Because instant messaging apps are no longer used for traditional text messaging, and also if you get irritated by unwanted messages then we have a solution for you.
In this article, we will show you how can I block text messages on my android phone.
How to Block Texts on Android?
It depends on which messaging app you use.
If you’re using the Google Messages app on your phone or tablet, you need to follow these steps to block texts:
- All you have to do is tap and hold the conversation.
- Then you have to select the circle along the line in the upper right of the app.
- Then, optionally, report the number as spam and tap OK.
If you’re using the Facebook Messenger app as your default SMS app, here’s how can I block text messages on my android phone:
- Hold down the conversation by pressing the number you want to block.
- Then it is necessary to tap the All menu button.
- Then you have to select the lock.
- Finally, you have to tap the block again to confirm.
Blocking group messages is just like normal text messages.
- All you have to do is go to your messaging app.
- Then select the group you want to block and hold down.
- Now you have to tap the circle icon in the upper-right part of the screen which leads to a line.
- Also, select “Report Spam”. With this, group conversations can be moved directly to “Spam and Blocked”.
If you do not want to receive calls and texts, they can be blocked separately.
Using Google Messenger:
You need to open Messenger on your Android device.
Its icon is round, blue with a white speech bubble coming from the upper right.
You have to confuse it with Facebook Messenger, which is the same.
- You can find Google Messenger in the Google Play Store and it’s already on Nexus and Pixel phones.
- Then if you are using a carrier or manufacturer-specific messaging service, this method is not for you. This app is very easy to use. So if you want to block too much, you can switch to it.
- Tap the conversation with the number you want to block. This makes it difficult for the sender to stop any of his conversations.
- Tap ⋮ This is in the upper right corner.
- Then tap on Options. A new screen will appear with the details of this sealed conversation.
- Then you have to block and report Spam. You are now asked to confirm that you have blocked the number.
- Then tap OK.
- Messages from this phone number are directly blocked.
Automatically Block Spam Calls and Messages:
Samsung’s Messages app will be great for you to use.
This app uses a modern spam protection engine called Haya to identify and block unwanted calls. However, it does include a direct blocking feature.
To do this you are required to do the following:
- The first step is to tap on the Messages app’s main screen, the settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Then select Settings.
- Now you have to tap on block numbers and spam.
- Then it is important to select Caller ID and Spam Protection.
- Now in the submenu, tap on the Block Spam and Scheme Calls Slider.
- It will do your job.
Use Third-Party Apps to Block Unwanted Texts:
If you are not satisfied with Android’s built-in spam filter, you can check out third-party messaging apps.
These apps work great in filtering out unwanted SMS and you get great features too.
Here are four third-party apps that you can easily find on the Google Play Store.
TrueCaller can be your best friend. This automatically identifies spam and promotional messages and blocks them.
If you receive a call from an unknown number, you get a caller ID, and if it is spam, it will also show the number of people notified as spam.
TrueCaller also gives some extra features like call recording, backup call history.
One thing to note is that when you install TrueCaller, it uploads your phonebook to your database.
This way it will get the proper ID of unknown callers.
If you do not want to give an app access to the phone book, it is better not to install this app.
SMS Organizer from Microsoft:
This app can automatically filter spam and promotional messages and move them to the promotional folder.
You will not be notified when you receive unwanted texts.
It can display notifications for transactions and private messages by placing them in a separate folder.
It is also possible to back up texts to a Google Drive account.
For this to work, you need to link a Drive account.
One way to avoid spam SMS is to use key messages.
It also automatically detects promotional and spam messages and can easily block them.
So you can easily find them.
It is possible to block SMS with your name, number, content keywords, and wildcard principle. In addition, there are many features in this app.
Other ways to block text for Android:
If there is a version you are using that does not reflect the above instructions, then this method is best for you.
- Early, you open the conversation on your phone.
- Then you have to tap the three dots on the top right.
- Then select the block number and then tap OK.
Can I block unwanted text messages on my Android?
- open your messaging application and find the text you want to block. Then select the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the second step, you have to confirm your decision in the popup by tapping on the block number option.
Can you block someone from texting you?
If you want to how can I block text messages on my android phone, you must follow these steps:
- First, you want to open the Messages application.
- Then open a conversation with the person you want to block.
- Now select the block number by tapping on the icon.
How do I block unwanted text on my Samsung phone?
How to block messages or spam?
- From any of your home screens, press Messages.
- Then tap the menu key.
- Then tap on Settings
- At the same time, you have to tap the spam filter to select the checkbox.
- Also, tap Add to spam numbers.
- Now tap the + plus sign.
- You can then manually enter numbers or choose from contacts.
- Then, when finished, tap Save.
Without a phone number?
- To do this, tap the Messages icon from the Home screen.
- Then tap Menu> Settings> Block Numbers and Messages> Block Numbers.
- Now you have to tap the minus sign next to the number you want to remove.
- When you do this, you have to tap the back arrow.