Going to perform a factory reset but are unable to enter the screen password?
With the help of these simple and easy methods, you can reset a locked Samsung phone quickly and easily.
To understand how to factory reset Samsung phones when locked, continue reading to explore.
A quick peek to factory reset your Samsung
- Turn your Samsung phone off.
- After turning off your phone, simultaneously hold down the Volume Up (top left-side button), Power (right-side button), and Home/Bixby (bottom middle) buttons.
- Choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data and then confirm factory reset.
- Click “yes” to remove all data.
How to factory Factory Reset Samsung Phone That is Locked and won’t Turn Off?
You cannot enforce a wipe data/factory reset on a locked Samsung phone that won’t power off to access recovery mode.
The Android lock screen removal function is a part of Droid Kit, a full-featured Android solution.
You can reset the Samsung phone and get rid of the lock screen regardless of whether it is protected by a fingerprint, pattern, PIN, or numerical password.
Steps to Factory Reset a Samsung phone without Password with DroidKit:
- DroidKit is available for free computer download. Open it up and select Screen Unlocker.
- Connect your locked Samsung, then press Start.
- DroidKit will create a configuration log for you after the connection. When finished, click the Remove Now option to proceed forward.
- Select the device brand you need to unlock in this interface to continue.
- Continue after adhering to the on-screen directions. There is also a fix if your device is locked and lacks a home button.
- You will see the Screen Lock Removal Completed page once the unlocking process is finished. Your phone has also been reset to factory settings.
- fantastic tool and device set
- Custom plans are offered
- recovers important files and removes FRP and lock screen passwords
- enables rapid system fixes
- 24/7 client assistance
- Guaranteed money-back for 60 days
- Quick Activation
- discounts for educators and students
- only for Android-based gadgets
- The free version has fewer tool options.
- can look pricey if you don’t use the toolkit to its full potential.
Hard Reset a Locked Samsung Device with help of Buttons
The simplest method to reset the phone is to use Android Recovery mode.
It’s best to have a robust Wi-Fi connection or mobile data, otherwise, recovery mode might not function properly.
Resetting a locked Samsung through recovery mode involves:
Switch off your Samsung device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up (top button on the left-hand side), Power (button on the right side), and Home/Bixby (bottom button in the middle) buttons simultaneously while turning off your phone. Await the OS’s start-up.
Select Factory Reset or Wipe Data.
- Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate from the Installing System Update screen to the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
Factory reset verification
- After selecting YES to wipe off all user data, give the factory data reset procedure a few minutes to finish. Restart the device, and if necessary, continue with the setup.
Factory Reset a Samsung Device That is Locked by using ADM
A security feature called Android Device Manager (ADM) enables you to track down, modify the lock screen, and remotely wipe an Android device.
You may easily perform a factory reset if you previously enabled Android Device Manager using your Google account on the locked phone.
- Use the Google Account you used to unlock the locked phone to log in to https://google.com/android/devicemanager.
- Choose your device from the list on the Android phone Manager page, tap Lock, enter a temporary password, and then tap Lock again.
- Retype the temporary password. Activate the temporary password by returning to the Lock Screen Settings and doing so.
- To reset everything to factory settings, select Erase.
Reset a Samsung device when Locked by Samsung Find My Mobile
Samsung phones can normally be used with the aforementioned techniques for Android.
Additionally, Samsung customers can use Samsung Find My Mobile to reset a locked phone:
- Visit Samsung Sign in to Find My Mobile using your Samsung account.
- After that, you can see information about your Samsung phone. Click Erase Data.
- After logging in, open the settings > device and select erase data to delete all the data from your Samsung phone.
Use of Google Account to factory reset a Samsung Galaxy
Factory resetting a Samsung mobile by using Google Account is also quite a useful and effective method.
You can use this method if you can’t understand any of the other methods. To accomplish your task just follow the given points.
- Enter a random password or pattern five times to unlock your Samsung device on the home screen.
- A message will then show up on the screen; choose Forgot Pattern from the options.
- The information for your Google Account or Backup PIN will then be requested of you.
- From the drop-down option, choose Account to unlock followed by Google Account.
- The mobile phone will be temporarily unlocked after finishing this process, however, keep in mind that everything depends on the version of Android OS that you are now using.
Reset a Samsung phone using the 4uKey for Android app
Using third-party software may help you succeed if none of the ways mentioned above are successful in getting Samsung to reset the password.
Numerous programs can potentially unlock a locked Samsung phone, but 4uKey for Android comes out as the most efficient.
It is a great bit of software that has gotten a lot of positive feedback from users around the globe.
It is not only the greatest tool and easiest option, but it is also quite easy to use.
How to restore a forgotten password on a Samsung phone with this simple technique?
- Launch the application once 4uKey for Android has been installed on your computer to use it.
- The next step is to use a USB cable to connect your Samsung mobile to your computer; as soon as the phone is connected, the software will detect it.
- To revoke the password security, choose Remove Screen Lock from the software interface.
- Hit enter in the lower right-hand corner to get going after that. Simply click Yes to start the procedure when the software notifies you that it will delete all of your information to unlock the screen.
- The process of removing the item will then start.
- To finish the procedure, you must boot your phone into recovery mode and start the operating system.
How Can You Bypass the Lock Screen on a Samsung phone?
You can unlock any kind of screen lock using DroidKit, including ones that require a PIN, password, pattern, face ID, fingerprint, etc.
It functions flawlessly on Samsung smartphones and tablets as well as any other Android devices made by Motorola, Sony, etc.
requires no technical expertise, no abilities, and no root access to the device. You can perform on your PC and by yourself.
Additionally, DroidKit’s comprehensive Android solution enables you to unlock Samsung FRP without a Google Account.
Samsung Phone Locked after Factory Reset?
If you’ve performed a factory reset on your phone but it remains locked, FRP is likely to be the cause (factory reset protection). Why? A factory reset can be used to reset screen locking.
- The factory reset will activate the FRP lock, indicating that your device is a Google-locked device. You can try a few methods to get around FRP, and DroidKit also enables FRP removal.
- You can download it and use it to unlock a Samsung phone that has a Google account lock (the most recent Android 11/12 supported).
How can I force my Samsung phone to factory reset?
- Reset the settings by going to Settings and then tapping on Backup.
- Reset factory data by tapping it.
- Click Reset Device.
- Your lock screen passwords must be entered, and you must then touch Continue.
- By clicking on Erase Everything, you can confirm that you realize all data will be deleted.
How can I factory reset my Samsung phone without signing in?
If you wish to use Wi-Fi Calling, you must manually enable it.
- Make sure the machine is turned off.
- Activate and hold the Volume Up button.
- click and hold while keeping the volume up, the power button, and the home button pressed.
- Choose from the Android Recovery screen the Factory reset/wipe data option.
- Select Yes.
- Now reboot the computer.
Can hard reset remove the Samsung account?
Your Google account won’t be deleted, but the account on your phone will be.
Your account will be restored to the device using the backup you made before the phone was reset when you connect to it again with your Google login information and password.
Can you factory reset a mobile that is already locked?
Yes! You can reset a mobile if the phone is locked. Obey the instructions given hereof;
- Turn off your phone.
- To access the Android recovery menu, press and hold the power key, the Volume Down, and the Volume Up buttons.
- To choose “Wipe data/factory reset,” hit the Volume down button; to continue, press the Power button.
- Choose “Yes.”
How to factory reset a Samsung phone without unlocking it?
You can Hard Reset a Locked Samsung Phone with Buttons. Commemorate these instructions:
- Turn Off your Samsung Phone. After Turning off your mobile then click down and hold the Volume Up (the top button on the left-hand side), Home button, and Power button (on the right side), simultaneously.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Confirm Factory Resetting.
How to reset a Samsung phone that is locked without home buttons?
You can use a third-party app like DroidKit if you don’t want to hard reset the phone without home buttons. Just install the DroidKit app
- Open it up and select Screen Unlocker > Connect your locked Samsung, then press Start > DroidKit will create a configuration log for you after the connection. When finished, click the Remove Now option to proceed forward.
- Select the device brand you need to unlock in this interface to continue > Continue after adhering to the on-screen directions. There is also a fix if your device is locked and lacks a home button.
That’s all about how to reset a Samsung phone that is locked. With all the methods above,
you should have no problem resetting your phone without a password. By the way,
DroidKit can be a good helper for you to remove any other screen locks, and you can explore more functions from it.
Just download it to have a try.