Downloaded Files not Showing Up on Android
Finding download files on Android is very easy. The steps to find them depend on your device. But if for some reason, the downloaded files “disappear”, don’t worry, in this article we will tell you about Downloaded Files not Showing Up on Android.
Check Chrome settings
If your problem is with the files you downloaded from the browser and you can’t find them, check the settings in the browser.
Here’s how to check the relevant settings in Chrome:
- Open Chrome.
- Then open Settings by tapping on the 3-dot menu.
- Now downloads have to be selected.
- Then select the path by tapping on the download location. Also, it is possible to enable the option of where to save the files. You also have to keep this in mind.
- Not accessible on Android 11 which locks access to app data. All files go completely into the Downloads folder.
- You will be able to find your files downloaded by Chrome using any file manager. In case the Downloads folder is missing, Chrome will automatically save the data to the /storage/Android/data folder. You
- will find the Chrome folder and inside you will find all the previously downloaded files.
Clear cache from the default launcher
If the icons still don’t appear on your home screen after enabling the option, make sure to clear the cache from the default launcher.
To clear the cache from the default system launcher follow the below steps:
- First, open the settings.
- Then open All Apps by selecting Apps & Notifications.
- Then choose to show system processes by tapping on the dot menu.
- Then find and open the default launcher.
- In the next step, tap Storage.
- Then the cache and data have to be cleared.
- Finally, you reboot your device.
Check Your App Settings
Each app has its download settings.
Instead of sending your Android downloads to your device’s Downloads folder by default, they go to the app’s Downloads folder.
For example, WhatsApp, by default, can download images and videos on your phone and keep them in its folder.
In the “Files” app, WhatsApp images and WhatsApp videos are separated.
If you are using a third-party file explorer, you can find WhatsApp downloads in “Internal memory -> WhatsApp -> Media”.
It is also possible to check them in your app settings.
You will be able to change the default download location of files to keep everything more organized on your device.
How do I find downloads on your Android phone?
- First, you open the Android app drawer by swiping it up from the bottom of the screen. You can also access it by tapping the app drawer icon on the home screen.
- Then tap My Files.
- Then within the My Files app, tap Downloads.
- You will now see all your downloads.
- Try the Downloads folder.
- If you don’t open the downloaded file right away or if you swiped away the notification, look in the Downloads folder on your Android to find the recently downloaded file.
Why can’t I find downloaded files on an Android phone?
Downloads can be found on Android in My Files or File Manager. Also, you will be able to find these apps in the app drawer of your Android device.
Within My Files or File Manager, navigate to the Downloads folder to be able to find anything you’ve downloaded.
Why can’t I find my downloads on Samsung?
- To do this, tap the Samsung drawer, and you will see the My Files app. It has to be tapped to open.
- Then access internal storage to view folders and files saved on your device’s storage. One of them will be the Downloads folder.
How do I enable downloads on Android?
- To do this, on your device, tap Settings > Apps.
- Then at the top right, tap
- Now tap on Special access > Unknown apps must be installed.
- Then tap on the browser from where you want to download the APK.
- If prompted, toggle Allow from this source.
How can I find a missing downloaded file?
- First, check your recycling bin.
- Then download the file again from within your web browser.
- The deleted download must then be found in your temporary files folder and recovered.
- Then use data recovery software.
Why are my files hidden automatically?
Some files and folders are automatically marked as hidden because, unlike other data like your photos and documents, they aren’t files that you should keep changing, deleting, or deleting.
These are important files related to the operating system.
How to access internal storage on Android?
- First, from the home screen, select Apps or swipe up to access your apps.
- In the second step select Settings.
- Then one has to choose device maintenance or device maintenance.
- Then select Storage.
- This will show you how much storage you have left on your device.