How to Change IP Address on Android?
You must find a way to change your IP address on Android, to protect your privacy.
An IP address identifies a device & cannot be transferred by additional than one device.
It is used to track users. If you are using a public IP address, you should change it soon.
In this article, you will read how to change your IP address on Android.
How do I Identify Local IP Addresses on Android?
To change the IP, you first need to find the available or local IP of your Android device. For this you have to obey the stages given below:
- First of all, to get started, you need to go to the settings of your Android phone.
- The second step is to scroll down until you see the About phone option and click on it.
- The next step is to tap on the Status option.
- In the fourth step scrolling down will show you the local or available IP address of your Android phone.
- Then read the next section to learn how to change it.
How do I change the IP address on Android?
- First, go to your Android device’s Wi-Fi settings, tap on “Network & Internet” and tap on “Wi-Fi”.
- Now if you are already connected to a Wi-Fi network, tap and hold the network you want to use. Once “Edit Network” appears, tap on it. If this option does not appear, tap on the Wi-Fi network, tap on “Forget network” and try the step again.
- Then tap on “Advanced Settings”.
- The next step is to use your finger or stylus to scroll down to IP Settings. Then tap on “Static” in the drop-down menu that appears by tapping on “DCHP”.
- Finally, in their respective fields, type the available IP addresses you discovered, your default gateway, and two DNS servers. Other settings can also be changed. Second, they can be left in their default states. After doing this you tap on “Save”.
How To Change the IP Address with VPN?
A VPN is a service that allows you to securely connect your Android phone or iPhone to a public Wi-Fi network.
It can hide your IP address by changing it to the VPN’s IP address. Also, it helps you to protect your personal information and credentials from being stolen online.
Additionally, you can download the VPN from Google Play Store or App Store.
In this guide, let us tell you the best VPN for Android.
- First, you need to subscribe to the service via the NordVPN checkout page.
- Then download and install the NordVPN app on your Android phone or iPhone.
- In the third step, sign in to your account on the app.
- Then select the country of your choice to navigate to the VPN IP address associated with that region.
- This gives you a new IP address, so you can start surfing the web.
How To Change the IP Address with Proxy?
An alternative to VPN is a proxy server that helps you hide your IP address.
You have to follow the following steps while connecting the proxy to your Android phone.
- First, you need to go to your settings application and select Wi-Fi.
- The second step is to tap on your network name.
- In the next step click on “Edit Network” > “Advanced“.
- Then you select “Manual“.
- Finally, you need to enter your “Proxy Port” and “Host Name” and tap on “Save“.
How To Change the IP Address with Tor Browser?
Tor is a browser that lets you see your device’s IP address so you can safely browse websites and access blocked pages.
One way to use the Tor browser on a mobile phone is the Orbot: Tor app. You should also note that this is only applicable to Android devices for now.
Here’s how to use Orbot: Tor: listed below
- First, you need to download the Orbot: Tor app from the Google Play Store.
- Later, install it on your Android.
- In the third step, it has to be set to your preferred language.
- Proceed to the next step by reading the terms and conditions if what has been described is fine with you.
- After that, you have to choose the pop-up option that allows you to continue with superuser access.
- Then you can remember or write Orbot-compatible browsers from the list that appears on the screen.
- Then tap on Next or continue until the Finish button appears.
- Now you have to click the Power or Start/Stop icon to activate the Orbot app after taking it back to the home interface.
- Install the browser of your choice that you have noted from the list.
- Finally, your IP address will be masked with Tor IP address so that you can surf the web on the new browser app.
How do I add a Static IP Address on Android?
Following are the steps to set the static IP address on Android.
- First, you need to go to settings.
- Now choose “Network and Internet” and go to “Wi-Fi”.
- Tap on the network you are now connected to.
- The next stage is to access “Network Settings” > “Advanced Options”.
- Now you have to select “IP Settings“.
- After that, you need to change the setting from “DHCP” to “Static“.
- Finally, enter the IP address you want to add.
Why Change the IP Address on Your Android?
There are many important reasons why you need to set a static IP on your phone.
The most common reasons are listed below:
- Running the first mobile web server.
- Another is to share mobile files with FTP server software.
- The third is to use your phone as a Wi-Fi camera.
- And the last one involves running a mobile media server on your phone.
Is hiding your IP address legal?
Is it legal to hide your IP address?
Yes, hiding your IP address is legal. By using a VPN you can hide your IP address and the good news is that VPNs are legal in most countries.
Is my IP address permanent?
not at all. The IP address provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may be static, meaning that it does not change.
Alternatively, it is dynamic, meaning it can be changed. You can use a VPN to change your IP address.
We hope that our article on how to change IP addresses on Android will be helpful to you.
This article will tell you all the important ways to change IP addresses on Android.