Text messages are the most popular way to contact someone. However, many people don’t back up text messages, because most people don’t know how to backup text messages on Android without an app.
So, to help you out, we’ll tell you how to backup text messages on Android without an app!
How to Backup Text Messages From Android To PC Without App?
If you wonder how to backup messages from Android to PC without downloading any additional apps, you can think of Google Drive.
For this purpose, the steps given below have to be followed.
how do you backup your text messages to google drive without any app?
- You don’t need any apps to back up your text messages.
- Most Android users don’t know that your Android phone has a feature that allows you to backup your data to Google Drive.
- For this, you need to go to backup your text messages to Google Drive.
- Then launch the Settings app from your home screen or your app drawer.
- After that, scroll down and tap on Accounts.
- Tap All Google. If you have more than one Google Account associated with your phone, tap the primary account you set up your phone with.
- Finally, you have to choose text messages to backup.
- You have to click on the backup option after the new menu appears.
- Now you can access the backup text messages by opening Google Drive on your computer.
- Select the “Messages” icon. Tap it. In the next window, “MMS” has to be selected. If you receive an MMS message, tap it. Hit on it and choose Save attachment.
How can I manually backup my SMS on android?
Below is how to backup and restore text messages on Android
- To do this, open your device’s settings, then scroll down and tap Google.
- Now select Backup and toggle to Backup to Google Drive.
- Then tap on Account and select your Google Account.
- Tap OK to confirm the action.
How do I retrieve text messages from Google Drive on an android phone?
You can retrieve text messages by downloading an Android data recovery app on your PC.
How do I restore deleted messages on an Android phone?
- For this, first of all, open Google Drive on your phone.
- Then click on the button with three lines in the upper left corner to open the menu.
- Then select ‘Backup’.
- Finally, check if your data is backed up.
Does Google save text messages?
Google automatically backs up your texts, but if you need more control over where they’re saved and have to start a manual backup, you’ll want to rely on an alternative service.
Is Text Messages Backup on Android phone?
Pixels have automatic SMS backup. Google Pixel phones support backup restore since Android 8.1, allowing you to transfer key data from your old phone to your new phone (including SMS messages) after the initial setup.
How do I download my android phone backup to Google Drive?
- First, open the Google Drive application on your Android phone.
- Then tap on the More icon in the top left corner of the screen and select Google Photos.
- After that select, the messages to be restored, and finally, click on the download icon to restore them to the Android device.
Backing up text messages is to ensure that they can be retrieved quickly once they are deleted from the default messaging app.