Don’t worry at all if your phone screen is broken, you can access your files with a PC. If you are unaware of this, don’t worry at all; This article will tell you How to access a broken android phone from a pc.
Use USB File Transfer mode.
You can easily access your broken phone from a PC, the easiest way is by using the popular USB file transfer mode.
By doing this you will be able to connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable. And with that, you can also access all the files on your phone storage from your computer’s file explorer.
If your touchscreen still works, the file transfer process becomes quite simple.
This is because you will need to change the USB configuration to File Transfer or MTP if you cannot do this if your display is invisible or the touchscreen is no longer working.
However, the solution is below.
See below how to access your cracked phone screen from PC using USB file transfer mode:
- First, you need to prepare your PC and USB cable.
- Then plug the USB cable on your phone into the PC.
- A notification will then appear on your screen saying “USB is charging this device” or something similar. The notification has to be tapped.
- The next step is to change the USB configuration to File Transfer or MTP.
- When you open File Explorer, your phone storage will appear on the PC.
- Now you have to navigate your device folders to access/copy the files you need.
Enable USB File Transfer mode with Developer choice
Sometimes the screen looks fine but the touch screen doesn’t work anymore. This is where developer options come in handy!
When you can’t switch to file transfer mode to access your files from your PC, you will be able to do so with the developer option on your Android phone.
If that’s what you want to do, you’ll need to enable developer options. But first, you’ll need a USB mouse and OTG to control your phone’s screen.
- First, you need to get a wired mouse and OTG adapter to connect to your phone.
- In the second step connect the OTG to the mouse and connect it to the USB port of your phone.
- Now unlock your phone and use the mouse to go to Settings > System > Developer options.
- When you are in developer options, find “Default USB Configuration” and click on it.
- After that, the default setting has to be changed to File Transfer.
- In the next step, you remove your mouse and OTG now.
- Finally, you need to connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable to access and copy your files.
How do I Access Android with Broken Screen Partially?
Some people access locked Android phones via USB. Here, you will see how to partially access your device without using a computer. You can do this by following the tutorial under.
Remove your SD card and SIM card
- First of all, if you are using a device that has an SD card, then you should use this method because many Android mobile phones these days do not have an SD card slot.
- All you have to do is to get your SIM card and SD card out of the tray by inserting the tip of the tray eject tool into the small hole discovered on the top or side of your mobile.
- The second is to put your SIM card and SD card on the new device you use.
- The mobile screen is partially visible but the touch screen is not functioning.
If your screen is partially visible, but the touch functionality is not working, you should:
- First, connect the keyboard or mouse to your phone using a USB OTG cable or dongle.
- Now, if you use a passcode to lock your device, just enter the right passcode using your keyboard. For drawing the correct pattern, you have to use your mouse.
- Once your Android phone is unlocked, you need to use the correct USB cable to connect it to your computer.
- When you get the prompt message, you have to press the button to allow using the input device.
- Now launch your PC and open your Android driver.
- Now copy all the contents of the phone and paste them to the desired location on your PC.
- Then use a third-party tool to use your Android phone on a PC by enabling the USB debugging feature.
Both Display and Touch Screen Doesn’t Function
When you break your device, both your display and touchscreen are damaged. Also, if your mobile phone doesn’t turn on, the only choice is to take your Android to the nearest workshop.
- But if your system is still running, try connecting it to a TV or monitor first to enable USB debugging.
- You should use your USB-C/B to A cable to connect your Android phone to the input port of the USB hub.
- Then connect your monitor and USB hub using an HDMI cable.
- Also, connect your keyboard and mouse to the appropriate ports on the USB hub.
- After that, turn on your TV or monitor and go to the HDMI section to view your Android screen.
- You can unlock your phone using your mouse or keyboard.
- The next step is to enable the USB Debugging feature from the developer options.
- Now turn on developer options on the monitor.
- Then disconnect your mobile from your TV or monitor and connect it to your laptop or desktop.
How do I remotely access my broken Android device?
You can log into your account on both your phone and computer app on the AirDroid Personal app. After logging in, the “Remote Control” feature has to be enabled on the phone app.
By setting it up, you can now easily access your jailbroken Android from your computer. hit on “Remote Control” to control your mobile phone from the PC.
How do I display my mobile phone screen on my computer with USB?
You need to make sure that your Android phone has USB debugging enabled. Then connect the USB cable between your Android device and the computer.
In the list of available devices, click on your Android device. After a successful connection, the screen of your Android device will be displayed on the computer.
How can I recover data from a broken or dead Android phone?
Recover data from dead or broken Android phone
Have to remove your SD card. Usually, find your SD card next to your SIM card either on the side of your device or in a tray behind the battery.
Then insert it into another device.
Then open the SD card drive.
Now you can find your data.
How can I transfer data from the phone when the screen is black?
The best way to backup an Android phone with a black screen is to use a third-party data backup and recovery tool.
One best tool is iMyFone D-Back for Android phone. It allows you to recover and back up all types of data.
It is a simple tool and does not require any technical skills.
What is The Best Browser App for Android?
How to Increase Battery Life Android?
What Is The Newest Android Operating System?