3 Ways to Set up Voicemail on Android 
If you are wondering how to set up voicemail on your new phone, then in this article we will tell you how to set up voicemail on your phone.
This can be done in just a few easy ways. You can set up voicemail on your Android phone in just five minutes. Here’s how to do it!
How to Set Up Voicemail on Android?
Depending on the phone manufacturer, a voicemail app appears on the home screen during the initial setup of your device.
In this case, you have to tap the button and follow the on-screen prompts to set it up.
If you don’t have the Voicemail app on your screen, you can set up Voicemail right away.
Follow the steps below to set up your voicemail on Android:
- First, you need to open the phone app on your handset.
- The next step is to pull up the keypad at the bottom of the screen.
- Then you must press 1 on the keypad to call your voicemail service. Other services may force you to dial *86.
- If you haven’t set up voicemail yet, you get a message that says “Voicemail not set up,” or something similar. Obey the voicemail prompts to set it up &hang up.
- Now press the Voicemail app or press and hold 1, enter your PIN and follow voicemail prompts to listen to new messages.
- It will also notify you when you receive a new voice message.
- Now you have to open the voicemail and tap the notification to listen to the message.
- If you’ve already set up voicemail, you’re asked for your PIN.
- You must enter the last four digits of your phone number for a new account.
- If you’ve forgotten your PIN, you may need to reset it by following the voicemail service’s prompts.
How do I Set Up Voicemail on an Android phone by Calling In?
The most familiar path to set up voicemail is to call your mailbox instantly. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your phone number directly.
- For this first, you open your phone app.
- The next step is to tap on the dialpad icon, at the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap and hold the number 1 until the call starts.
- Another way is to enter your full phone number and tap on call.
- The next step is to set your greeting by following the prompts to set a pin code.
- Now how to find and change settings in the Visual Voicemail app on Android.
- When you receive a voicemail, you see a notification from the visual voicemail box. You click on this notification to open the Visual Voicemail app and listen to the voicemail.
- When you find the Visual Voicemail app, it’s very easy to use. When the app is open, tap on the three vertical dots on the top right. Then tap on Settings.
- First, you need to change your voicemail greeting.
- Then toggle the Auto Save function.
- After that, you need to change your voicemail password.
- You can now choose to display message notifications in the status bar.
From this voicemail greeting, you’ll see three options:
Default: This voicemail greeting can read your number to callers with an automated voice.
Name: This greeting can announce your name to callers.
Customization: This is a personalized greeting with the ability to play whatever you record.
How to Set Voicemail in Google Voice?
Google Voice is a great application that lets you make calls as well as receive voicemails. Because it can be accessed from a computer by visiting the Google Voice website.
Follow the stages below to set up voicemail in Google Voice on android phone
- First, you need to sign up for a Google Voice account by visiting the Google Voice website or using the app on your Android phone.
- Visit the Google Voice application on your Android device, when your Account is made.
- Then at the bottom of the app, tap Voicemail.
- This will show any of your voicemails here. To change the settings, go to the top left corner and tap on the menu icon.
- You have to find the Google Voice icon, Voicemail icon, and Menu icon in the Google Voice app and select Settings.
- Then scroll down until you see the Voicemail section. Here you can also choose to receive voicemail via email.
How do I set up voicemail on my Samsung phone?
Where is the Voicemail app on my Samsung?
- You open the Phone app and select the Keypad tab if it’s not already open on the screen.
- Hit and hold the 1 key on the dialer keypad. This gives you a small voicemail icon below the number on that key.
Is there a voicemail icon for Android?
For this, you need to open your Android voicemail inbox.
The second step is to tap on the Voicemail app icon in your Android app drawer
How do I reset my voicemail PIN on Android?
- First, open the phone app and tap on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Then tap on Settings.
- Then scroll down and tap on Voicemail.
- Now tap on Change PIN.
- You must enter your email current password and tap Continue.
- Finally, enter a new PIN and tap Continue. Tap OK to confirm by entering the code again.
We have told you above how to send voicemail on an Android phone. From this article, you will have understood how to set up voicemail on your Android phone.
It allows you to receive voice messages. Visual voicemail apps are also helpful in seeing who has left you a message.