2 Ways to View Cache Files on an Android Phone?
Your Android phone’s limited storage runs out very quickly.
And a big reason why it’s easy to overlook is the cached information that apps regularly create to perform at their best.
These temporary data files are known as caches. In this article, we will tell you what temporary app files are and to view and clear cache files on an android phone
Clear cache in the Chrome app
- For this, open the Chrome app on your device.
- In the second step, tap on the three-dot icon at the top right to open the drop-down menu.
- After that tap on history to clear browsing data.
- Now, if desired, select the oldest date you want to clear using the Time Range drop-down menu.
- Then select Cached Images and Files.
- Finally, tap on the clear data button to clear the cache.
Clear cache from third-party apps
App cache is similar to browser cache. These are small pieces of information stored to speed up your experience using an app.
When an app suddenly closes or stops responding altogether, issues with cached data may be the culprit.
Clearing the cache is a great way to free up space and fix a misbehaving app.
Clearing the application cache does not delete app data such as account knowledge.
You can clear the cache by obeying the below-mentioned technique.
- First, you need to go to the settings menu on your device.
- Then tap Storage.
- The next step is to tap Internal Storage under Device Storage.
- Then tap on cached data.
- Finally, tap OK when a dialog box asks if you are sure you want to clear all app cache.
Benefits of Clearing Cache on Android
Cache files are important, and you shouldn’t mess with them. However, sometimes cache files must be manually removed from your Android phone.
In this article, we have told you the best methods that will help you how to view cache files on an android phone.
In the quick term, clearing the cache helps you save storage space on your mobile phone.
But this is a temporary solution, as new cache files are created every time you use apps.
If your device is running low on space that you have to clear the cache regularly, it’s probably time to upgrade to a new phone with enough storage for your needs.
Often old cache files can be corrupted. When this happens, apps can suffer from performance issues. You can get rid of these problems by deleting bad cache files.
For this, outdated cache files pose security and privacy risks. Web pages cached in your browser may also contain sensitive information. If an outsider gets access to these files, he will use them to get private details.
What Happens After Clearing Android Cache?
Clearing the cache files will give you back some storage space and the app will work normally.
Because you’ve erased the data you’ve used for optimal performance, some elements will load slowly the next time you use the app.
Every time you clear the cache, it comes back. Over time, apps generate cached data based on your usage.
Since the cache is useful, there’s no need to worry when an app creates cached files. Clearing the cache does not require you to log out of apps.
What Is Cached Data?
Every time you open an app, your phone uses temporary data stored in cache files to quickly recall relevant information.
For example, Spotify caches your most frequently used playlists so it doesn’t have to load entire song lists from scratch every time you open them.
Google Chrome caches a large image on a website you visit, so it doesn’t need to download the image every time you open the page.
The cache is not only used by your Android phone but is also a function of desktop browsers and other software.
Without cached data, your device has to reload common images and other elements every time you access them.
How do I access my phone’s cache?
- Open your browser.
- Android: Go to Menu > More > Menu or settings> Settings > Privacy & Security.
- Android phone Browser: Tap Clear Cache, Clear History, Clear All Cookie Data.
How can I access app cache data?
Clear app cache and data on Google Pixel using the method below.
- First of all, you open the settings.
- Then scroll down and select Apps.
- Now tap on See All option below.
- Then tap on the name of the app whose app cache you want to clear.
- In the next step, tap on Storage and Cache.
- The clear cache must be selected.
- Finally, tap on Clear Storage to clear data and cache.
How do I open cache history?
For this, you need to open the Chrome web browser. Enter the target URL by typing “cache:” in the browser’s address bar.
Where are cache files stored?
Cached data is temporarily stored in an accessible storage media that is local to the cache client and separate from the main storage.
The cache is typically used by the central processing unit (CPU), applications, web browsers, and the operating system.